Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Finally in Choenan

Sometimes it felt like I was never going to get here but finally arrived in Choenan on May 3rd after flying for about 21 hours on Air Canada and then a two hour bus ride from the Incheon airport to Choenan. Flying from Newfoundland certainly does suck. My plane had to get its wings de-iced in St. John's before we even took off for Toronto. A wonderful delay of about 40 minutes and I'll give three guesses as to whose luggage didn't show up in Incheon as a result of this and the first two don't count.

On the positive side at least I did make all of my connections. My boss picked me up in Choenan and brought me to my apartment on Tuesday night at about 7:30 pm. I had trouble sleeping for the first few nights as there is about a 12 hour difference between Korea and Newfoundland meaning your body is telling you you should be awake when you're asleep and you should be asleep when you're awake. The school is great so far and I actually have my own classroom for the first time ever. On Monday - Wednesday-Friday I work from 3:50pm to 10:10 pm, Tuesday 5:30pm to 7:10pm and Thursday 4:30pm to 8:40pm.

Now that I've finally got reimbursed for airfare I'm really looking forward to exploring a whole new area of Korea. Choenan is part of the Seoul subway system and is also a part of both KTX lines so there are plenty of travel options. Stay tuned for more pictures and posts as my Choenan life moves forward.

Choenan Dude

No comments:

Post a Comment